Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

God is Working

God is doing something in me. I'm waking up from a long slumber of mediocrity. His urgency is becoming burned in my soul. My calling is coming into view. As Paul Washer has said "We were not called to play video games...we were not called to watch TV...we were not called to trifles...we were called to ADVANCE A KINGDOM!" and "the weapons of our warfare are mighty...intercessory prayer, the proclamation of the Gospel, and sacrificial love."

The wrath of God is coming into focus...judgement and justice from a perfect God. Are you ready...am I ready? Have you produced fruit or are you at risk of being cut off and thrown into the fire. Many are deceived and think they are ready. "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:22,23 (KJV) How much have I prophesied? How many devils have I cast out? How many wonderful works? And I think I'm secure...based on what? It's time to "give diligence to make your calling and election sure..." 2 Peter 1:10 (KJV)

He is circumcising my heart. Cutting away all those things that pull away my devotion. All those weeds that threaten (and have) choked out the word of God, to the point of not producing fruit. It's time to cut some weeds, stretch toward the Son and bear fruit.

As we continue to build big buildings and spend money on ourselves there are millions still out there that have not heard the name of Christ. As K.P. Yohanan says "if hell is real then I must do something more than what I'm doing with my life...we need to realize that we are headed toward eternity. And that is not a thousand miles from now, it is next minute! Jesus lived like that!"

We "christians" in America are in danger of hell fire. What did Jesus say? 23 "...verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matt 19:23-24 (KJV) Make no mistake, we (in the USA) are rich. There are so many things here in America to choke out the word of God. So many still struggle with sin, still struggle with a thought life that is not pleasing to God, and still seek the approval of men rather than God; these are basics...milk. We don't want to give up our ease of living. But we must! I must pick up the cross of Christ...which is self-denial. I MUST...GIVE...ALL...to touch a dying world!

I need a passion for what God has a passion for! I need to be a praying man...not only at the dinner table, at bedtime with the kids, and in crisis. NO! I need to be drinking from the fountain of living water, because I THIRST... Oh God do I thirst. To labor in prayer before God...to weep before God for His church. I'm not talking about a mere concern, I'm talking about a PASSION that drives me to my knees, that brings me into anguish. "Where are the Sunday school teachers that weep over kids they know are not hearing and are going to hell?" (David Wilkerson)

God I need your heart...I need your burden. God, that is what I desire.

3 comments:

  1. So true. I am not sure if you had the chance to read my testimony. For so long after I believed I was burning with the desire to know God deeply. I have for some months now grown cold. The distractions of life and the tools of the world pull at my mind and emotion, taking my eye off of Him. I have hit my knees longing for that desire to return, for the passion to share Him. My brother has begun to awaken to the Lord, as i have been praying for him for some time. God is so faithful. May He light our fire anew and give us a passion for the world. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen. i am convicted again of the worldliness that is choking my faith and the truth of God's word in my heart. i am from the philippines, yet the same complacency is found here, a third-world country. God is waking up His people. and thank you for being used of Him through this post. i consider it a wake-up call from God. may the Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete