Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Introduction

Hello all and thank you for reading my mind. My name is actually Ken Leake, not Zorro. I have that as my display name b/c I like what the character stands for and the sacrifices he makes for the "little" guy. Fighting for the less fortunate is what we should all aspire to and Zorro motivates me. Actually, Jesus Christ is my real role model, I just didn't want to put down "Jesus" as my display name. I love James 1:27 b/c it seems to concisely state what our focus as Christians (Christ like folks) should be, both inward and outward. My wife and I have six beautiful children, which has added to my concern for children around the world, particularly those that are orphaned, abducted, mistreated, malnourished, etc. I believe our Father in Heaven desires our "Religion" be worth something not just ritualistic and self serving in nature. Of course the rest of the verse regarding looking after Widows is an area I believe the Church at large has failed in and handed responsibility over to the state or insurance companies. Granted some Church bodies have really picked up the torch on this and have honored our elderly in doing so. Lastly "to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" sets us believers apart. This one is really for us; if we keep ourselves and our families from being tied up in the world life seems to be so much more satisfying; God does know best.

I want to use this web space to collect my thoughts, document events, and open up a forum on how we followers of Christ can put feet to our "Religion" so that it is acceptable to our Lord. We were involved in mission work in Central America for about seven years then joined the Army as an Intelligence Analyst fighting the war on terrorism, we will now be getting out soon and are currently planning for the next chapter in our exciting life.

Topics will center around James 1:27 however, a large portion of the posts to this Blog will be applying Intelligence Analysis thinking to help in the rescue of missing and exploited children particularly in Central America.

Enjoy! Questions and comments are always welcome.

Ken (Zorro)

No comments:

Post a Comment